Whilst most people on their life's journey have to triumph over perhaps one major adversity, Katrina Goldsworthy knows where hardship lies.
Surviving the beef depression, losing her son to Leukaemia, being a spokesperson representing the community in a State Government Enquiry, relocating with her husband from Emerald to Brisbane with their three young daughters, starting a new career and lifestyle, surviving breast cancer and more recently overcoming serious heart problems are just some of the adversities which have influenced Katrina’s art and outlook on life.
These experiences have enabled Katrina to take up public speaking and discover her artistic talents. Talents that enable her to express her love of the outback, voice her survival instincts and artistic calling. "You learn to build a reservoir of skills and one day they just come out.”
Katrina showcased her artwork at Beef Week in 2012 & 2015. Her unique and eclectic style, that aptly captures the Australian cattle industry has been a resounding success. Katrina was also guest speaker at the prestigious “2012 Beauty and the Beef” Ladies Lunch and High Tea where she spoke about her journey through life.
- 1974 - Semi completed Diploma of Fine Art
- Created several sell out fashion parades of her designer clothes
- Mother of four children
- Ran several stores in the Central Highlands specialising in patchwork fabrics
- Beef producer
- Director of a successful Financial Planning and General Insurance company
- 2000 - carried an Olympic torch
- 2006 - Highly Commended Woollam Waltzing Matilda Outback Art Award along with having been selected every year to exhibit since 2005
- Selected to participate in the Brisbane Rotary Art Spectacular for the last 5 years
- 2008 - 1st Prize Barcaldine Art Exhibition
- 2012 - Katrina’s first solo exhibition comes to fruition at Beef Week in Rockhampton
- 2012 - March: Guest Speaker for 'Breast Friends Day' Cloncurry
- 2012 - March: Overall Winner of the Inaugural Barcaldine Regional Council Inaugural Art Competition
- 2012 - Guest speaker at the Ladies Lunch Beef Week
- 2012 - Public Speaker
- 2012 - First at the Blackwater State High School Art Exhibition
- 2012 - Judge at the Cloncurry Arts Council Inc - Ernest Henry Memorial Art Show
- 2012 - November shared joint 'Bunginderry' Art exhibition at Percolator
- 2013 - Artist in Residence at 'Panda Pearls'
- 2013 - Finalist Rotary Art Spectacular
- 2013 - Guest Speaker Zonta Club
- 2013 - Winner Still Life @ Nundah Village Festival Art Competition & Exhibition with 'Appeasement'
- 2013 – 1st Historical, 2nd Landscape @ Ernest Henry Memorial Art Contest
- 2013 - October 'We, Us & Co' Joint Family Exhibition at the Richard Randall Art Studio, Mt Coot-tha Botanical Gardens
- 2014 - Highly Commended Overall BSHAC
- 2014 - 'Panda-monium' entered in Archibald
- 2014 - Guest Speaker @ The Moreton Club
- 2015 – Two paintings selected to be printed in the International Contemporary Artists Vol.X “The Big G A” and “The Three Boys”
- 2015 - Sell out Solo Exhibition 'Beef 2015' titled 'The Bull Artist'
- 2015 - 2 page Write Up in Outback Magazine page 94
- 2015 - Blue's Country Magazine feature July edition
- 2015 - Winner -The Human Form Kenilworth Art Competition
- 2015 - Overall Winner from All Categories Kenilworth Art Competition
- 2016 - Highly Commended Kenilworth Art Competition Still Life